What the Largest Social Media Companies Are Worth :
- In 2010, LinkedIn made about $200 million in sales. In 2011, its stock price suggests a market cap of $9 billion. Trading at 45 times its revenue makes LinkedIn the highest price-revenue ratio of any stock in the world, said Espen Robak, president of the firm Pluris Valuation Advisors.
- Facebook is expecting a $100 billion valuation by IPO in 2012.
- Twitter has the highest current revenue-valuation ratio.
- What kind of wild valuation multiples could we see from the next batch of upstarts?
- The cool chart below* answers that question.