A new TREND : the Food Photography
- A lot of people go online to talk about the sandwich they just ate. But they’re not just talking about it, they’re photographing it.
- Why? In many cases, people are documenting their lives — or at least the gustatory portion of it.
- Sometimes, it’s to celebrate the completion of a dish or a special occasion.
- Some folks are photographing “food art.”
- At least once a month, 52% of people take photos with their mobile phones.
- Another 19% upload those photos to the web.
- Reasoning that marketers should pay more attention to such nonverbal web communication, interactive agency 360i recently did a deep dive into the data and found a few constants.
- Only 10% of hundreds of photos that 360i analyzed for this infographic included human beings.
- It’s rare to see any brand mention — that happened just 12% of the time.
- So, there is huge opportunity for brands.
- If you’re a marketer who’s hungry for new insights, this might be a good place to dig in.